How to Use Online Analytical Tools to Bring in More Patients
There’s a longstanding adage in the business world—if you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it. You may have a cutting edge website, a well-conceived social media campaign, and detailed entries on a number of online medical directories but still have challenges bringing new patients to your practice. What’s wrong? Why aren’t you getting the right type of traffic to your website? What adjustments do you need to make to increase the percentage of web visitors who actually contact your office? Without solid data, those questions can be difficult to answer. That’s where digital analytics can help.
What Is Digital Analytics?
Digital analytics is a comprehensive, multi-platform tool for analyzing data related to your online marketing. A digital analytics tool gathers information from your website, social media marketing, and mobile applications in ways that help you understand how potential patients are responding to and interacting with your online presence. Digital analytics can evaluate the performance of your online efforts at a number of levels:
- You can see the number of visitors to your site, how long they stay, and what percentage become patients. Some tools can even give you a road map of a visitor’s exact journey through your digital marketing.
- The right digital analytics tool will help you better understand your online visibility and can help you with backlink analysis and monitoring.
- Digital analytics can help you determine the effectiveness of an online advertising campaign by helping you track where your leads are coming from and how many leads convert to patients.
How Google Analytics Can Improve Your Medical Practice’s Digital Marketing
Though there are a number of digital analytics tools from which to choose, the preferred choice of most online professionals is Google Analytics, which offers comprehensive data in a user-friendly format. Even better, the tool is free!
What Data Can You Expect from Google Analytics?
Google Analytics provides essential data to help you determine the effectiveness of your digital marketing campaign and changes that might improve its performance:
- Increase traffic to your website and other online marketing. Google Analytics identifies whether a new patient came to your site by entering your URL directly into a browser or came to you via pay-per-click (PPC), an organic search, or an online legal directory.
- Learn what a visitor does when they come to your website. You can find out the length of their stay, whether they visit multiple pages, and whether they click the links on your website. You’ll see if they view pages that provide information about your practice or choose to read informational blogs.
- Assess web visitors who become patients. You’ll see how many website visitors contact you and whether they do it by phone or email. You can track how many leads became patients, and whether the people who contact you are a good fit for your practice and your services.
In October 2020, Google updated its analytics tool, launching Google Analytics 4 (GA4). Among the enhanced benefits of GA4 are the following:
- Increased capability for targeted segments in marketing campaigns
- Cutting edge measurement features, including scroll, video engagement, and file download tracking
- A feature that tracks data across platforms, from apps to websites
- Advanced analytics tools, including heat maps, segment overlap reports, user explorer reports, and path analysis reports
- Predictive analytics, including purchasing probability, churn probability, and revenue prediction
Your GetLegal account representative can explain how you can take advantage of these new features and see noticeable improvements in your marketing results.