Building Your Medical Practice with an Effective, Targeted Email Campaign
It’s a different world today. The days when you could open a medical practice and rely on referrals and word of mouth to build a successful practice are gone. To compete in today’s marketplace, you have to take specific steps to maximize your visibility to potential patients, and some component of your marketing needs to be digital, as the vast majority of people spend their time online when searching for healthcare services. You want an effective tool that won’t cost an arm and a leg, an approach that will reach the prospective patients you can most effectively serve. Consider a targeted email campaign.
The Benefits of Using Email to Build Your Medical Practice
Though it may seem like an older (and, to some, outdated) technology, email can be a highly cost-effective way to both bring in new patients and stay in touch with existing patients. Studies show that a well-designed email campaign far outstrips social media campaigns in bringing in new business. It’s also important to remember that more people spend time checking email than engaging in any other online activity—estimates find that about nine of every ten people who go online do so primarily to check email.
That being said, there are specific benefits to using email over other digital tools:
- Email generates more leads—Email is a great way to appeal to prospective patients, who can sign up to receive additional informative emails and get to know you a little better before coming in for an appointment. It’s also a great way to communicate with existing patients and makes it easy for them to forward your contact information to others.
- Email can improve your conversion rate—Email lets you track the engagement of a potential patient, letting you know where they fall off the grid, if that happens. That can help you improve the process of providing the information they need when they want it.
- Email lets you know how effective your efforts are—With an email campaign, even if you send information to a large database, you can easily track how many people actually open the email. With other types of marketing, getting that information is more difficult.
Tips for Mounting an Effective Email Campaign
Here are some recommendations to ensure that you get the best return on your investment (ROI) for your email campaign:
- Make certain your emails are secure, and stop sending emails to anyone who asks you to stop.
- Use a title in your email that grabs the recipient’s attention—Most people get more than 100 emails every day.
- Be judicious in how often you send an email—The fastest way to drive a potential patient away is to bombard them with emails
- Break your emails up into topic segments—Ask potential recipients what type of information they are interested in and create segments, so that your emails can be more relevant and targeted.
- Automate your email campaign, if possible—This is one of the great advantages of email—use it.
Contact InjuredCarePracticeBuilder.com to Build Your Practice with an Email Campaign
At InjuredCarePracticeBuilder.com, we have decades of experience providing digital marketing services to professionals nationwide. We offer website development, search engine marketing and optimization, social media consulting and implementation, full video production, reputation management, and directory listings. To learn more about how we can improve the digital marketing of your medical practice, contact us online or call our offices today at 866-952-7045.