Maximize Your Visibility to Prospective Patients with Effective Videos
If you want to reach potential patients, you need to dedicate a portion of your online marketing budget to video. Research indicates that more than 90% of internet users worldwide watch at least one video very week. The average internet user spends almost 90 minutes a day watching some type of video, and video accounts for 82% of all internet traffic. To make the most effective use of your advertising dollars, then, you want to spend more on informative videos.
The New Online Video Trends in 2023
Here are creative new ways businesses are using video to improve their bottom line in 2023:
- Broadcast live videos—You don’t need any special knowledge or online savvy to livestream an event like the opening of a new office. It’s a great way to reach people who can’t come in person, and it amps up the excitement for those who do attend.
- Provide informative content—Video is particularly effective for educating potential patients. Remember, though, that the purpose of an educational video is to demonstrate your knowledge and expertise. Focus on specific issues, ones you know from experience will be of interest to a broad cross-section of prospective patients. Think about the questions patients commonly ask. Can you make videos that address some of those topics?
- Make certain your videos have visibility—Take a few additional steps to ensure that you get plenty of traffic to your videos (and that it’s the right kind of traffic). That’s done with search engine optimization (SEO). Verify that each video has an informative title and add tags with keywords that appeal to search engines. An attached transcript of the video can be extremely helpful. Use your own pictures or images, rather than generic or stock pictures, so that they are unique. Don’t post the same video to multiple pages on your website. Make certain you are cross-linking videos with your social media accounts to maximize traffic to all online platforms. Finally, search engines like to see that you’re publishing new video content on a regular basis.
- Give a tour of your office—This is one of the best ways to break the ice with a potential patient. When they’ve been through your office, even if it’s by video, they feel like they’ve been to your home… and that they’re family.
- Don’t reinvent the wheel—If you have prior videos, crop them and use them again as part of a new advertisement or video (the industry term for this is atomizing). Post snippets from existing videos on Facebook, TikTok, Instagram, Snapchat, LinkedIn, and other social media outlets. Include a short section from a longer video in an email blast, directing recipients to the full video. Transcribe the text of a video and post it on your website as a blog.
Let InjuredCare Help You Improve Your Online Video Marketing Presence
At InjuredCare, our team offers extensive experience with, and knowledge of, online marketing for medical professionals. We offer a broad array of tools to help you enhance your online presence, from full-service website development (with custom content and design) and search engine optimization to full video production capability, directory placements, online reputation management tools, and social media campaigns.