How Videos Can Boost Your Online Visibility
We’ve seen firsthand the explosion of video online, and we know how it can dramatically increase engagement with your social media campaigns and other digital marketing. A number of studies support this conclusion by showing how effective online videos are for marketing professional services. If you’re looking to enhance your digital marketing in 2023, commit more resources to creating and posting video content.
Why Should You Spend More on Video?
Still not convinced that you need to incorporate video content into your online marketing? Consider these reasons:
- Studies consistently show that videos lead to more engagement—Videos tend to hold an average viewer’s attention for a longer period of time compared to static content. Accordingly, the algorithms of the predominant social media platforms favor video content. Videos also put a face to a name and can create a powerful sense of human connection with your practice.
- Video typically has a longer shelf life—Video is more interactive, which leads to more sharing, and that can cause your exposure to grow geometrically. More sharing also lengthens the time your videos remain active online.
- People would rather watch than read—It’s a fact of life… reading requires effort, whereas you can sit back and be entertained by a video. Statistics concur—one study showed that the average internet user watches nearly an hour of online video every day. Over half of all consumers said they wanted to see more video content on the sites they regularly visit.
- The power of repurposing—You can post entire videos sequentially on different platforms, or you can extract clips from an existing video for use in a blog post or follow-up video. Thus, with just a single video, you can enhance your visibility to multiple audiences across a range of platforms.
- Video is a must if you want to appeal to millennials and Gen Z—In a recent study, more than half of all Gen Z and millennials told researchers that they couldn’t live without video in their daily lives.
- The power of a visual—Have you ever tried to have a conversation with someone while a television was on in the background? You probably kept averting your eyes to what was on the screen. It’s natural—our eyes are drawn to images and movement. That’s why the most effective sales presentations are visual. If you want to engage your audience, don’t tell them—show them.