Using Video to Maintain and Build Your Medical Practice
Over the past two years, the practice of medicine has changed radically, thanks to the coronavirus pandemic. Public health and safety measures have caused many individuals to seek medical care only in the case of emergency or serious medical condition. The number of video appointments via telemedicine technology has surged. In addition, many healthcare providers have begun offering informational videos about medical issues, and these videos have exploded across the internet.
Though the pandemic has become far more manageable in recent months, it’s clear that patients are going to continue to expect more and more videos containing medical information. If you haven’t invested yet in online videos to inform existing and potential clients, now is the time to do so.
Why You Should Spend Money on Video Production Services
The trend in medicine, as with almost every other industry, has been more and more toward the use of the internet for access to medical information. In fact, a 2019 study found that over half of all Americans turned to the internet first with questions about medical care or treatment. Studies also show that nearly three of every four consumers prefer to learn about a new product or service through a video.
How Can Video Enhance Your Medical Practice?
There are many ways you can use video to effectively build or maintain a thriving medical practice:
- Videos can maximize your exposure to existing and potential clients. A well-done video can be seen by many—a single video can help you connect with a wide audience.
- Videos can be a great way to help patients learn how to best use a device or product, or to engage in exercises or other treatment regimens.
- You can use videos to provide general information about wellness, diagnostics, and new products or treatment options.
- Videos can be a great way to heighten awareness in your patients, helping them learn about telltale symptoms of certain conditions, or urging them to take appropriate precautions in their daily lives.
- Videos can hold you out as a knowledgeable and experienced expert on a wide array of medical topics.