Using Video to Build Your Medical Practice
It bears repeating that video has taken over the internet. Just consider these statistics:
- Nearly 250 million people across the country watch digital marketing videos on a daily or weekly basis.
- The vast majority of web users—more than 90%–clamor for more online video content, specifically brand-related clips.
- Two-thirds of people polled found short-form videos to be the most compelling feature of various social media platforms.
- An astounding 86% of marketing professionals use video content as an essential tool for marketing their clients’ goods or services.
What Are the Most Effective Ways to Use Online Video to Market a Medical Practice?
Online video can have a powerful impact on your marketing efforts. Here are strategies our experienced marketing professionals recommend:
- Adhere to the basics—Follow these fundamental components of effective online video marketing:
- Each video should focus on one fairly specific topic.
- Video content should be both informative and entertaining.
- Sprinkle calls to action throughout each video, making it easy for prospective patients to contact you.
- Present a consistent style and message across multiple videos.
- Use online video primarily to demonstrate your expertise, knowledge, and professionalism—One of the most effective formats for an online video is the retelling of a prior success (without identifying the patient, of course). Consider situations where a patient had a particularly positive outcome. You’ll be surprised how many potential patients will empathize and call you.
- Use YouTube as your primary platform, but post to others as well—YouTube is the go-to platform for online videos, with more than 5 billion watched every day. You’ll get more bang for your buck, though, if you also post videos to Facebook and other social media platforms. In addition, it’s beneficial to have videos available on your website.
- Informal video testimonials from former patients can be extremely compelling—There’s little work required to edit and post these types of videos, and potential patients will be less inclined to shut off the video once they know it features a real patient.
- Always include closed-captioning—This helps more than the hearing-impaired. For any viewer, it can reinforce the content and increase the likelihood that they fully absorb the subject matter.
Contact InjuredCarePracticeBuilder.com for More Information About the Benefits of Online Video
To learn more about how we can help you market your medical practice, contact us online or call our offices today at 817-359-7077.